Linux, one of the most popular operating system worldwide is used in many desktops, servers, for gaming purposes and now is also found in Galaxy Nexus as Touch operating system. One of the main reasons why Linux has managed to gather much love and has become the center of attraction is because people find it greatly stable and secure. Moreover, it is also found as less expensive than the other softwares.
Linux for Programmers!!
For the programmers, Linux has great benefits. Those who are really interested in Linux development will have great career in system administration.
Ask about programmers and you will know that these are the people who keep on typing, typing and typing. These are the people who keep on searching and finding those text editors in which they will be comfortably able to adapt them. This is the time when the IDEs come in handy. Programmers come in practice of coding when they start using proper text editors.
So, for the people who are interested in Linux programming and development, we have elaborated some top IDEs as:
Highly Polished IDEs for Linux Include:
For building integrated web and application development tooling, Eclipse is a platform that is said to be as the free open source editor, made for heavy Java development.
The languages that it supports include C, C++, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby and many more
The features that make him stand out are
- A plethora of plugins for extended capabilities
- Eclipse Java Development Tools
- Git Team Provider
- Great tools for JEE projects
- JUnit integration
- Multi-language support
- Plugin Development Environment
Targets the web developers and programmers, it is a free and open source development project.
The features that make it unique include:
- In case of abrupt shutdown or crash it has the auto recovery option as a preventive measure
- Has Bookmarks functionality
- Is Fast and clean
- It is Lightweight
- Has Many tools
- Provides Multi-threaded support
- Has Unlimited undo/redo options
- Search and replace option is extremely powerful
The features that compel the Linux lovers to kick start this editor include:
- Provides a drag and drop interface
- Has the cross-platform compatibility
- Has dynamic and static libraries
- It has multi-session GNU debugger integration
- Refactoring’s in Editor, Class View and Navigator
- Qt Toolkit support
- Flexible commands; run and debug
This IDE is considered best for the PHP developers are in need of faster coding. Having the power of PHP unit and Composer it gives the app developers an edge over others.
The features that make it different include:
Local and server debugging
It provides plenty of database support
It has real time error detection
Has the options of Source code control